Sunday, July 25, 2010

Kindred Spirits

Today I received a package in the mail. When I opened it, I was taken back by what was inside. One of my closest friends, Megan, sent me a poem and a necklace to begin my adventure in Rwanda. The necklace has three charms: the state of Arkansas, a heart and the state of Oklahoma. I was so surprised and excited! It was by far one of the neatest gifts I have ever received. Megan has traveled to Africa multiple times on different adventures. Our bond became much stronger when my love for the continent surfaced after my trip to Uganda last summer. Megan and I have loads to talk about and she has been my Africa "go-to" girl. I am so blessed to have her in my life. She is such a talented and beautiful person.


1 comment:

  1. Bets, you're so welcome! I can't wait to vicariously experience all of your wonderful adventures through your blog :)

    ReplyDelete