Sunday, March 28, 2010

Family Ties

Last weekend at the Bead Party in Ft. Smith, my Great Aunt Anita stopped by. I had the most wonderful time visiting with her. She and I share a deep love of books (and going to movies!). She has been a Librarian in Ft. Smith for years. Lauren tells me I devour books, well my Aunt Anita demolishes them! We were talking about Uganda, Rwanda and Africa in general and the book I just finished came to mind. It is called Little Bee by Chris Cleave. I was wondering through Borders a few weeks ago searching for a good read and I kept seeing Little Bee everywhere. So I opened up to the first page and it read, "Sometimes I would rather be a British pound coin than an African woman. " SOLD! It was the best book I had read in a while. I gave Anita the book and told her a little bit about it. She writes an article for Ft. Smith's online newspaper, The City Wire, and she said that she wanted Little Bee to be her next book review. She likes to connect her books in someway to the real world so it would be perfect for her to connect this book to me since I'm moving to Rwanda. Here is her article...it's great! I am so honored she wanted to write this review about me. I'm pretty spoiled to have such an amazing and supportive family. Please check out her review and pick up a copy of Little Bee!


No comments:

Post a Comment